Monday, August 27, 2007

Dear readers,


I’m attaching some pics of activity in the lavash bakery that is on the first floor of my new house. I’ve also put a couple of short film clips at dropshots.com. Go to dropshots.com/elizpou and look at August 27, 2007.

This is the whole room. One person rolls out the dough which has been rising since 5 am. Another puts it, pizza like, on a slightly rounded form and puts it in a very hot cylindrical oven. The third, takes the just baked lavash, sprinkles it w/ water and stacks it for packing.



This is Emma, the bakery owner and my host "mother" stacking the lavash for packing.


Today I am visiting a center for youth “at risk”, a facility in Vanadzor that works with children (teenagers mostly, many of whom are already on police department lists as troublemakers) to give them marketable skills such as hairdressing, cooking and shoe making and self-confidence. I'll write more on that later.

No comments: