Wednesday, October 17, 2007

random musings


Hello readers, I just took a look at the last post and it looks like the pics did not come thru. Here is a pic of the lake site mentioned in the post. The very small building in the background closest to the lake is where I stayed.

The next shows our conf room.







This is class in session.









Last night, I was sitting in the TV room w/ the family when the grandchildren decided they wanted to show us their dancing chops. They put on an Armenia cd w/ music videos and were so cute I had to do two things: get my camera, get Elvis. I have Elvis's '68 comeback special on dvd with me. The combination was perfect. I took some mini-movies w/ my camera while the kids did the twist and all sorts of other dancing. Everyone was laughing. And a good thing too, because Emma's son had left to go back to Russia today and she was very sad about that. He will come back in November for a family wedding. After a short stay he will take his wife and children back with him and it will really be a sad day in our house.

Weather has turned colder and rain has moved in. I'm waiting for the remainder of my winter clothes which were shipped last week.

I took the grandchildren to an American embassy-sponsored tap dance performance. Before the event, I had my language teacher give me several important phrases (hold my hand, wait here, stay close, do you want to use the bathroom, etc.). I practiced for a couple of days, then we were off. Another volunteer came with us, so each of us had a hand to hold. We walked to the performance from home - about 20 min - and took a taxi home. The kids were wonderful - well behaved, listened, seemed to enjoy the performance, were patient when we had to wait for the show to start, no complaining, just good children.

Later, maybe w/ some dancing children pics.








No comments: